Thursday, October 18, 2007

First Post

So, here's the skinny...I started a blog for Mom who is battling cancer. Well, Mom's blog is really kept for Mom (well, Mom and the people who care about her), but I wanted to bore MY friends with stories about MY passions - Arsenal, opera, wine and food.

That's where the name comes in. No, not my name, the name of the blog. Football (just for clarification, football = soccer) is associated with a hooligan culture, especially in Europe (try to stay with me now, Arsenal is based in North London). But I'd like to consider myself a 21st century hooligan, a lovable rogue who can appreciate a nice cabernet franc as easily as a 1-0 victory over Spurs.

So these posts shall be a mix of all my passions. I hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

sharon said...

I think it is only fitting that I add the first comment. You are my very talented, genius child and you have an incredible ability to write. You have been amusing me since you were a wee lad (especially apparent when you sent letters from overnight camp at Kawaga.)
I am so glad you are sharing your talents with family and friends. I look forward to seeing your face on a book cover soon. Keep going!! Love, Mom

Bobbe' said...

Keep up the great blabbing (er, blogging)!